Journey to Topaz Journal Entries

Chapter 13: A Last Visit, pages 111-116

Seeing my poor Emi sick is very painful, the news to Yuki that she was not allowed to visit my emi was not very good. Grandpa and I still have very high hopes that she will get better. Having Yuki around us so much is very comforting because we know that she is very concerned with emis health. Even grandpa has be taking her along to places that he would usually take Emi too. I have made an egg yolk essence to help her get better.

Chapter 6: Home is a Horse Stall, pages 49-58 Ken: It’s dirty out here, i can’t have any privacy while going to the bathroom, they have us like animals here. They have us living like horses with the horse like stalls. The food was gross never have I seen this food but i had to eat what i can to survive in this camp. The only positive thing about this place is that they allowed us to deliver our belongings to make it feel more like home.

Chapter 1: Strangers at the Door, pages 1-9.  

I am Yuki.  I can’t believe my father was taken away.  I don’t even understand what’s going on.

Yuki Chan: I don’t understand why they would take father away! I know that something happened with pearl harbor but I don’t understand what any of that has to do with us or father. These FBI men are treating us unfairly, they won’t even let me go out to see my friend Mimi.  

Chapter 12:  Dust Storm “Yuki”

I went to go see my friend today because she is still sick and we still have no idea what she has. I took her a get well present so she can fell better and know that she has a friend here. I was almost caught trying to sneak in and now I have to leave. There is a big sandstorm outside I can not see a thing.

Chapter 11:  A Home in the Desert, pages 93-102

In this Chapter Yuki was in a train where she hate being in she says it was “hot and stuffy”  and to make it even more worse the water ran out from everyone drinking water due to the hotness. While in the train Emi  felt like she lost her energy, didn’t feel like doing anything. Later in the chapter she faints I think from dehydration or from heat prostration.